Since purchasing the Harley, I have quickly accumulated around 4,500 miles. Date of purchase 5/1.
Knowing that the Alaska trip will put a serious strain on my capabilities and stamina, I have identified some smaller trips that will take place between now and then that should help me build stamina and improve my "iron ass" capabilities.
The first real trip since deciding on Alaska for 2013 is a long weekend trip to gatlinburg, tn. This trip will include the following locations as stops:
1. Blairsville, GA
2. Deals Gap (yeah, tail of the dragon cannot be passed up...dreamt of this road prior to my motorcycle endorsement)
3. Gatlinburg, TN
4. Perry, GA
Most of this trip will be spent on the road due to the short timeframe for execution. The good part is, the wife and I have already experienced gatlinburg's touristy-side. No loss...
Each destination has its own joys in store...
1. lodge at copperhead and the surrounding area (great area to ride)
2. Buckberry creek lodge (smokey mountains)
3. Hamilton village (think plantation...)
4. Tail of the dragon (318 curves. 11 miles)
image courtesy of: