To prep for rides that could easily be 200-600 miles per day for two weeks straight, I have planned weekend get-aways that will build my ride stamina. The following describes an upcoming trip that portrays a great example of riding to ride...
Day 1 - Mostly highway
- Destination: Blairsville, GA.
- Distance: 560 Miles
- Lodging: Lodge at Copperhead - typical starting point for the mountains of GA, TN, and NC.
Day 2 - Curves, mountains, scenery, and a few Harley dealerships
- Destination: Gatlinburg, TN
- Distance: 225 Miles
- Lodging: The Lodge at Buckberry Creek - stayed here once before. Great location in the mountains overlooking Gatlinburg, TN. Accommodations are amazing...as well as the view of the smokey mountains while you dine on the back porch.
- Cherohala Skyway (100 million dollar view - literally and figuratively)
- Tail of the Dragon (US 129 - this road is on many bucket lists)
- Cherohala Skyway Harley Davidson
- Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson
- Hillbilly Harley Davidson
Day 3 - Headed home
- Destination: Perry, GA
- Distance: 309 Miles
- Lodging: Henderson Village - great mid-point in our travels home to stop and relax. I can picture Henderson Village some many years ago...plantation.
Day 4 - Still headed home
- Destination: Home
- Distance: 337 Miles
Total Planned Mileage: 1431
There will be lots of pictures!